What are Peptides?
Classes of Peptides
- Growth Hormone Secretaogoues (GHSs)
- Melanocyte Stimulating Hormone (MSH) analogues
- Testosterone Enhancing Peptides
- Muscle, Bone and Tendon Repair Peptides
- Weight Loss Peptides
- Muscle Building Peptides
- Fat Loss Peptides
- Sleep Peptides
- Brain Peptides
- Energy Peptides
- Immune Enhancing Peptides
- Sexual Arousal Peptides
- Telomere Lengthening Peptides
What is Peptide Therapy
What Conditions Does Peptide Therapy Address
Peptides are so numerous and variable in structure, there effects are also widespread and varied. One of these classes of peptides are know as growth hormone Secretaogoues, and cause one's own natural human growth hormone (hCG) in the body. These peptides have been shown to be very useful in the treatment of age-related conditions such as osteoporosis, obesity and many chronic inflammatory diseases, and have several advantages over traditional hCG treatments.
Another type of peptide is composed of part of the hCG molecule that is responsible for fat cell death, and has been shown to be very effective as an anti-obesity drug. These peptides lead to increased lean muscle mass and decreased body fat, in addition to decreasing inflammation.
A certain class of peptide has been used to help prevent skin cancer by increasing the melanin in one's skin, causing a darkening effect that mimics a quality sun tan. This peptide has also been shown to increased lean muscle mass and improve sex drive.
How Can Peptide Therapy Help Me?
Peptide therapy encompasses numerous different biological amino acid sequences with varied effects, ranging from immune modulation and tissue repair to fat loss and muscle building. The benefits of peptide therapy may include improved sleep cycle, hormone production, brain function and inflammatory mediators. Peptides can also be used in the treatment of injuries. They also have the capabilities that help prevent aging, illness, and enhance peak performance. Peptides play a major role in how your body responds to diet and exercise. The body will not perform at an optimal level if it isn't producing enough peptides or essential amino acids.
Peptides may help regulate processes within the body. Patients with Lyme disease, chronic inflammation, autoimmune disease and other chronic degenerative diseases may benefit from peptides in their treatment plan.
Peptides offered at Delaware Integrative Medicine:
Sermorelin Acetate is a compound similar in structure to growth hormone releasing hormone (GHRH). Sermorelin has been known to stimulate the pituitary gland to produce and secrete growth hormone. It is a bioidentical synthetic hormone peptide sequence comprised of 29 amino acids. Sermorelin is affordable and is available in lyophilized injectable form and oral preparation.
Sermorelin has been shown to be effective in raising growth hormone/insulin like growth factor which helps to:
- Increase bone density
- Strengthen the cardiovascular system
- Increase muscle mass
- Improve ability to burn fat
- Increase sex drive
- Improve recovery and repair from injuries
- Regenerate nerve tissue
- Strengthen the immune system
- Enhance energy levels
- Improve cognition and memory
- Improve bone and mineral density
BPC-157 is a pentadecapeptide made up of 15 amino acids. It is a partial sequence of the body protection compound (BPC) derived from human gastric juice. Research has shown that it heightens the healing of many different types of tissues, including: tendon, muscle, nervous system, and is superior at healing damaged ligaments.
Benefits over time may include:
- Accelerated wound healing
- Anti-inflammatory properties
- Increased growth hormone receptors
- Improves digestive function
- May decrease pain in damaged areas
AOD 9604 (Advanced Obesity Drug) is a modified form of amino acids 176-191 of the GH polypeptide, which enhances fat reducing effects. One of the advantages of this peptide is the absence of adverse effects on blood sugar and insulin resistance. AOD 9604 has shown potential effects to repair cartilage and muscle and is often used in the treatment of osteoarthritis.
Benefits may include:
- Reduction of body fat
- Triggers fat release from obese fat cells predominately more than lean ones
- Mimics the way natural growth hormone regulates fat metabolism
- No adverse effects on blood sugar or growth
- Stimulate lipolysis
- Inhibits lipogenesis that’s the transformation of non-fatty foods into body fat
- AOD 6904 has been shown to have very favorable cartilage repair and regenerative properties, particularly when paired with peptide BPC 157
Thymosin is a hormone secreted from the thymus. Its primary function is to stimulate the production of T cells, which are an important part of the immune system. Thymosin also assists in the development of B cells to plasma cells to produce antibodies. The predominant form of thymosin, thymosin beta 4, is an actin, a cell building protein. One of the main mechanisms of action of Thymosin Beta-4 is its regulation of Actin.
Benefits may include:
- Calms muscle spasm
- Improved muscle tone
- Increased exchange of substances between cells
- Encourages tissue repair
- Stretches connective tissue
- Helps maintain flexibility
- Reduced inflammation of tissue in joints
- Encourages the growth of new blood cells in tissue
- Increased endurance and strength
- Prevents formation of adhesions and fibrous bands in muscles, tendons, and ligaments
- Effective in fighting infectious disease like Lyme disease by stimulating T cells and B cells
Melanotan II (MT2) is a stimulating peptide which induces skin tanning. Melanocyte Stimulating Hormones (MSH) are a class of peptide hormones produced in the intermediate lobe of the pituitary gland that stimulate pigment cells (melanocytes) in the skin and hair to produce and release melanin which leads to darker skin and hair. Melanotan II increases melanin production via stimulation of skin pigment cells called melanocytes.
Use of the tanning peptide provides more a-MSH which results in more melanin being produced and greater tanning potential (skin pigmentation) regardless of your skin type.
Benefits may include:
- The ability to achieve a darker tan with less exposure to UV radiation
- Possible reduction in the risk of Melanoma (skin cancer)
- Possible reduction in the incidence of sun-damaged skin
- Fair skin individuals have the ability to develop a tan through the use of the MT2 peptide
- Can lead to reduction in body fat
- No sunburn, no tan lines
- No sunless tanning streaks or fake tan removal
- It can increase libido